Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Q is for Quarantine

 I got my 2nd covid shot yesterday, and I realized I don't feel very well right as I sat down to write this post. I don't have a great story to go along with a Q word, but there OUGHT to be a good story in this head of mine about being in quarantine. But since there isn't right now, let me tell you the story of my 2nd vaccine.

I was scheduled at Walmart at 7:20 a.m., but I got there 20 minutes early. It's a small operation, where they plan to vaccinate one person every 5 minutes, and there were 5 people ahead of me in line, so that seemed about right. The man giving the vaccines had just finished a person. Fast forward 45 minutes, and I was still in that line, and one more vaccine had been given. Finally I checked in, and stood waiting while the man giving the vaccines kept going back and forth from the little kiosk to inside the pharmacy. He seemed like he was writing a lot of things, and I was very confused about what was going on. 8:20, and none of the people who had been in line with me had gone yet, and everyone was calm about it. I was beginning to think the person giving the shots was actually the pharmacist and he was trying to do two jobs at the same time. I never found out for sure. 

Then a woman came out with a rolling cart and said, "If you haven't been vaccinated yet, follow me!" We followed her through Walmart and into a small room, and she said, "We can get this done a lot faster here." Then she called my name...although everyone in the room was supposed to be before me. I said something, but they were all like, "No, that's fine. You go." I think they just didn't want to slow down the sudden momentum. The woman didn't even have me wait to make sure I didn't have a reaction. She just said, "If you can shop or something for a few minutes before you go, that would be great. That way you can come back in here if you have a problem.

So I went back to the aisle where I'd stood while I was waiting in line. I'd found about 8 things I needed on that aisle alone. I didn't want to do much more shopping than that because I'm still on crutches from a hurt knee a few weeks ago. It's been about 30 hours now, and I'm only just starting to feel it. So I'm going to go take a nap.

Oh yeah, I need to tie this to quarantine--one step closer to this nightmare being over. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got your shot. Hoping the reaction doesn't last too long. I was fortunate not to have any problems with either shot.

    ReplyDelete