Saturday, April 10, 2021

I is for The Inheritance Games

I read The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes in 2020. That makes it one of the more recently read books on this list. I read The Fixer and enjoyed it so much I quickly devoured The Long Game and then saw this one at Barnes and Noble and had to get it. I like the tropes in The Fixer series better, but this I enjoyed this one too, and it is more popular. She ended up not finishing The Fixer series because it didn't get enough readers, but the next book in this series comes out in 2021.

Quote: (the first paragraph)

"When I was a kid, my mom constantly invented games. The Quiet Game. The Who Can Make Their Cookie Last Longer? Game. A perennial favorite. The Marshmallow Game involved eating marshmallows while wearing puffy Goodwill jackets indoors, to avoid turning on the heat. The Flashlight Game was the game we played when the electricity went out. We never walked anywhere--we raced. The floor was nearly always lava. The primary purpose of pillows was building forts."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment