Saturday, May 17, 2014

Six Word Saturday May 17, 2014

Yikes! I've been trying so hard to not annoy everyone with requests for votes for Alchemy that I nearly missed the deadline! May 18th is the day the contest closes. You can vote 5 times, so even if you've already voted, will you consider voting again??? Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Here's the llink:
http://www.indieauthorland.com/vote-50-self-published-books-worth-reading-201314-fantasy/


For Six Word Saturday, we post 6 words that sum up a piece of our life each week. We can add pictures or explanations if we feel so inclined.

Getting in shape for New York.


We are going to New York City when school gets out. We've never planned a vacation like this ever, ever, ever, because my husband hates big cities, except Boston and Washington D.C. I don't know why that is, except perhaps that he loves their history and he understands their public transportation.

I've tried to imagine what it might be like, trying to keep up with my active family on the streets of New York City, and realized that I had a problem. I am SO out of shape. So all this week, I've been exploring all the trails near my house. Yesterday, I'd walked nearly four miles AND mowed half my lawn (with a push mower) by 9:30 in the morning. 

In Pyromancy, Ana's gym teacher tells her that she can't undo a lifetime of inactivity in  one short month, and she replies that she's giving it her best shot. Sometimes life imitates art.

(Ticonic) Two Cent Bridge - Waterville, Maine
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dougtone/

I haven't been taking pictures, so I got this one from flickr. 
This is a pedestrian bridge on one of the trails I've been exploring this week.


8 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't wear yourself out too much to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and don't work out too hard beforehand! You'll need loads of strength in NYC...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice photo, haven't been taking a lot of photos recently myself. thanks for sharing, have a nice Saturday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will have a nice trip to New York.

    ReplyDelete