Saturday, March 26, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge--Day 23: Something I Never Get Tired of Doing

First of all, I didn't mean to make my last post title sound so dire--it sounded like I was jumping ship. But ta dah! I'm already back. My 30 day blog challenge has probably stretched into something closer to 40 days, but at least we're on the home stretch.

Those of you who know me, admit it. When you saw the title of this blog post you thought this was going to be a post about reading, right?

I thought so too, except, inexplicably, about a month ago, I burned out on reading. You see, when I started this blog, I thought I'd write one book review a week, no problem. I read that much, easy. I can't really put my finger on why it was so difficult. Maybe there was some subliminal need to impress you with the books I picked. I don't think so.

Maybe it was that I was searching for books a lot more, and the list of books I wanted to read got to be enormous. That's more likely. Plus, these blog posts take a lot longer to write than you would expect. And life has gotten really crazy, so available reading time has plummeted.

Whatever--I burned out on reading. And that's something I never expected to say. I still do it. I still love it. It's still the most likely candidate. But it just wouldn't be true to say "Reading is something I never get tired of doing." So what don't I ever get tired of doing? I mean if reading isn't sacred, I would almost have to say there's nothing I never get tired of doing. But I think, maybe, it's true that there are a few things:

watching the seasons change, especially winter into maple syrup season
watching my children sleep
waking my youngest 2 children up in the morning by reading to them

And most of the time, reading, walking, and singing.
And almost all the time: writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment