Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Once Upon A Time Challenge

My 30 Day Blog Challenge will be ending any day now, and I'm oh so ready to move on. I've got a couple of great post ideas left, but these last few post topics have definitely taxed my creativity. On the other hand, I love the 30 Day Challenge idea...since I haven't quite found my blogging niche yet, it makes sense to try on some different hats for 30 days at a time (well 30 days that stretch into 40 or 45 if you factor in all the days I take off :).

For my next 30 day challenge, I thought I might review 30 books in 30 days. Unfortunately, I can't read 30 books in 30 days (Oh, you know I could. But I promised my family I wouldn't do that to them) so some of them will have to be from memory. I go to my favorite reading blogs every day, hoping for a new post, so the idea of a book reviewing blog appeals to me. I'd especially love to review books teenage boys would enjoy, since they are so hard to find. (The niche is slowly filling up, but perusing the Young Adult section at Barnes and Noble is an eye opening experience. They might as well put up a sign that says "Teenage Girl Section."

But I digress...I don't even know where I was when I stumbled upon the 5th Annual Once Upon A Time Challenge,but I think it will dovetail nicely with my 30 Book Reviews In A Month (Or So) idea. Here's the plan:

The Once Upon A Time challenge runs from March 21 through June 20. As you can see, I'm already getting a late start, but that's alright, since I can choose a journey level.

Level 1: Read 5 books that fit into these categories: fantasy, folklore, fairy tale or mythology.

Level 2: Read at least one book from each of those categories.

Level 3: Fulfill the requirements for Quest the First or Quest the Second AND top it off with a June reading of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream OR a viewing of one of the many theatrical versions of the play.

There are a few more levels, but they involve non-fiction treatises about fantasy, folklore, fairy tales or mythology, so I'm not even going to bother to post them. There IS a Quest On Screen that looks interesting...I just need to blog about movies that fit into these categories.

So there it is...I love Shakespeare, and most of the books I read already fit into one of those categories, so I'm challenging myself to do Journey Level 3. Now back to our regularly scheduled Challenges...

No comments:

Post a Comment