Monday, May 3, 2010

The Glitzy Side of Writing

I haven't gotten much accomplished since I started this blog. I've fiddled with it for hours, adding cool little gadgets and then taking them back off, visiting other blogs so I can figure out what I like about each one. Important research. If this is going to be the best blog ever, it needs to be done.

I'm not sure what happened to all my fantastic ideas for blog posts. Ran away with my list of vital things that had to get done today, I guess. Unfortunately, I'm sure I'll figure out what was on the to-do list, but the other list might be gone for good.

I went to the LDStorymaker's Conference last week, and heard an off-the-cuff statistic that intrigues me. Writers need their own blog, these presenters said. They need to be active on Facebook and Twitter as well. But they should only spend about 10 percent of their writing time on these sites. Assuming that this statistic is accurate, I'd say that in the past week I've used up my blog time for the rest of 2010. So I'll be back with a fresh and funny post in early 2011--maybe this time I'll write down all those brilliant ideas before they can fly away.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the giggle. I new it was a good idea to check my google reader one more time tonight. :)

    Despite the fact I usually get annoyed with love stories (especially those written by LDS authors) I am still really excited to read yours. Do you throw a little of your humor in there? I love humor and I find yours refreshing. And I don't dislike all LDS authors or all LDS romances....just some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a writer, so I wonder how much time I should be spending on Facebook and Twitter? Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete