Monday, April 23, 2018

T is for The Walk

Welcome to Day 20 of the A-Z challenge. This year I am reviewing podcasts.  Day 20 is the letter T, and the podcast I will be reviewing is The Walk.

 

You are the hero of this drama. While you are sitting in Inverness Station in Scotland, you are given a device that must be taken to Edinburg.  As you are about to board a train, terrorists blow it up and set off an EMP that takes down everyone's electronics. Now you are a suspect in the bombing, and you must get your device to Edinburg in order to save the world. 

Category: the Arts

What's the Time Commitment Here?
20 minutes once a week...but you'll want to start from episode one, so you can actually listen to them as quickly as you want!

My Review
This is a very unique story. You, as the hero, never speak. You are traveling with a group of people who speak to you and to each other, and you have the voice of Charley guiding you through the countryside. The device you carry allows you to communicate with her, even though all other electronics are gone. There are also people chasing you. The podcast also contains ambient noises so that it sounds like you are outdoors. I was enjoying the podcast before, but once I realized how awesome it sounded to put in some earbuds and take it on a walk, it's even more fun. You can almost forget where you are! 

There are lots of podcast stories you can listen to, but this is the only one I know of that happens in first person. It's pretty cool.

You can listen to it here or wherever you listen to podcasts. 



6 comments:

  1. I just had to click on this one to hear what it was like - it's such a unique take on what I think Podcasts are. I'm off to have a listen to episode 1.

    Leanne | www.crestingthehill.com.au
    T for Take Control

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never listened to a podcasted story. This does sound interesting! Such creative minds. BTW thank you for leaving your link to your blog. I love returning visits and your thoughtfulness makes it so easy to do.
    JQ Rose
    JQ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique podcast. I've never heard of one that was a first person story like this. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A unique concept. I'll listen to it sometime ... for some reason, reminds me of the Xbox games. Maybe because of the pov.

    Do share your thoughts on my #BlogchatterAtoZ post for T:
    https://lonelycanopyblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/22/the-birdwatchers-house-in-thattekad-forest/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked on the link. That's an intriguing introduction! I like that the episodes are only about 25 minutes long. That's about how long it takes to drive from my home to the nearest town. Time would go by quickly listening to these podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has certainly intrigued me, I'm def checking it out.

    ReplyDelete