Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What's Up Wednesday



What's Up Wednesday is a blog hop created by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk as a way for writers to connect with other writers. You can join by using the link on their website.

What I'm Reading

I just finished reading This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. I have fallen in love with this author. I love the slow, sweet development of her stories. This one is actually a lot faster paced than her other two books. I loved it.



What I've Been Writing

Nothing. Again. This week though.  For almost sure. (How's that for a goal?)

What Works For Me

I rely on those few minutes between awake and asleep to revel in whatever story I am writing. I never really noticed until these past few weeks when I haven't had any particular story on my brain, and now I spend it thinking "What should I be thinking about? What do normal people think about?" until I finally drift off.

What Else Is New

I started a college class yesterday, and I spent most of the week getting oriented to this crazy new life. It's been 17 years since I last stepped foot in a class. I've also been working full time, and will continue to work full time until Friday. My children are ill-prepared for a mother who is this busy. It's got to be good for them though. If I live through it. Let's just say that most of them were well-intentioned, but less than helpful, and leave it at that. 

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your class. Your children will be fine :) And I like your goal for the week! Go for it :D

    I love daydreaming in that space between sleep and wakefulness too. Sounds wonderful right about now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a book by Jennifer E. Smith but haven't read it yet. I'll have to push it closer to the top of my TBR list. And I totally sympathize with class stress! I started classes up again a few weeks ago (it's all a blur...). I'm sure you'll get the hang of it again quicker than you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm going to sleep, I always think about my stories. It;s my favorite thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you'll be able to get back to writing soon. Inspiration will hit, maybe once you're more accustomed to going to college, college life will inspire you. :)


    My What's up Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the new class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine how hard it would be to step back into a college course after all that time - impressive! I'm sure your kids will get the hang of it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Jennifer E. Smith fan, but I was only so-so on her latest. Fingers crossed the next on is just as awesome as the first two. And those covers are just adorable. Hope this week brings you the shiniest of new ideas and lots of words. I've had periods where I didn't feel inspired to write, and it's hard! Yay for starting a new course! Hope it goes well. Have a great week, Melanie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Jennifer E. Smith! Juggling kids and work and writing is so hard - I really admire you for throwing a class into the mix! Good luck with everything and I'm sure it will get easier as everyone gets used to the new schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read The Geography Of You And Me but I am loving Jennifer E Smith's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are setting a great example for your kids by chasing your dreams! At least, that's what I always tell myself when I've served Mac n' Cheese for the third night in a row....

    ReplyDelete