Thursday, April 29, 2010

Testing, testing 1, 2, 3

It's nearly impossible  to decide what I want to write about on this blog. Should I talk about my family? music? books? being an author? religion? politics?

If I waited until I knew what my niche market was, I would probably never start a blog at all. At least we can cross out politics. For right now, I'm just going to be random.

My cousin and friend Brittany has an amazing family blog, and she doesn't use her children's names on it--only their initials. Since there's no way I can have a blog without mentioning my family, I need to decide immediately if I should adopt this strategy. The real question is--am I on the ball enough to catch myself before I use their real names? Since discretion is the better part of valor, I'll give it a try. I have 4 children--J, D, J, and E. Dang, I already have a problem. Maybe JA, D, JT and E? Perhaps I'll have a brilliant flash of insight while I'm cleaning up the breakfast dishes.

I guess just starting a blog was a big enough step for today. 

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! I wish you all the best with respect to reading, writing, rhythm and romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I have a comment! Thanks for kicking my butt into gear paqogomez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a chick with the last name McKinney. She calls her kids MckNugget, Small Fry, etc. You could think up names like that. Another girl calls hers Search and Destroy which I find really funny. Maybe they could think up their own nicknames?

    And thanks for the compliments on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippe! I am so glad that you finally started a blog. Maybe now we can keep in touch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about sharing stories of you growing up. You have my permission to use my name...dad! I have your blog on my favorites, so I'll be reading it often. I miss you and your family...each one of the initials have a special place in my heart as do you and your R. I love you. Happy Anniversary tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! It's like Christmas to get on here and see your comments. Kara and Brimaca, we'll have to link blogs as soon as I figure out how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you here in blogland! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Laurie! I'm glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete