The current rules for accepting this award are:
1. List 11 random facts about myself.
2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated me.
3. Nominate 11 more blogs who have less than 200 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated.
4. Post 11 new questions for those bloggers to answer (if they wish to accept the award — it’s completely optional).
So, here we go!
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I let a blob of brown hair dye sit on my forehead for 10 minutes this morning.
2. I was late to my daughter's play because of #1. I kept my hair artistically draped over the spot, so hopefully no one noticed.
3. When I got home I ran a series of experiments to find out which internet method for removing hair dye from skin works the best. The results were inconclusive. Fun times.
4. My two oldest children started driver's ed yesterday.
5. I went in for a lyme disease test first thing this morning.
6. We have tickets to see Matilda and Les Mis on Broadway this summer.
7. I sing while I drive, and I don't catch the eyes of the drivers in the vicinity. If I can't see them, they can't see me. Right?
8. My goal is to walk all the carriage trails of Acadia National Park. I'm almost done, but haven't made any progress this year.
9. Watermelon may be my favorite food.
10. Or perhaps Hood's Fenway Fudge icecream.
11. Wesley Sneijder is my favorite soccer player. Unless we're counting high school players. :)
11 Questions Asked By the Person Who Nominated Me
1. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
ham and pineapple
2. Who is your favorite superhero?
Adam from Lab Rats. Although Chase is kind of awesome too.
3. If your house were burning down, what would you take and why?
My kids. They'd all be rushing downstairs to grab the 72 hour kits. I can't seem to get it through their heads that the emergency packs are not for fires. So definitely NOT 72 hour kits. That would be my main goal in a fire.
4. If you had a time machine, what year would you travel to and why?
All the years that are awesome in books would be pretty miserable in reality, I think. But I would love to go back to the 80s, because I would love to see how dependent I've gotten on technology that didn't exist when I was a kid. Plus I miss big hair.
5. What are you afraid of?
Ledges. Once we went to the Tower of the Americas in San Antonio, Texas, and when we got off the elevator I made it exactly one step. My body was so sure walking forward was going to tip the whole thing over that my rational mind could not convince it that there wouldn't be restaurant there if it was that precarious.
6. What's the best book you've read in the past year?
That's' a tough question because I've read a lot of good books this year. Probably The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. Or maybe The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.
7. What is the best vacation you've ever had?
My favorite vacations are the ones where we go to my in-laws cabin in Northern Maine and sync ourselves to camp time. Even washing the dishes becomes a ritual to enjoy, and there's always time for a kayak excursion before lunch. Plus, if I want a s'more, some kids bound to have already started a fire.
8. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Today, my biggest pet peeve is teenagers who say "don't worry about it" whenever someone else speaks. Writing it down doesn't do justice to how annoying it is. You'd have to experience it first hand.
9. What's your favorite love story? (movie or book)
It sounds so awful, but I think my favorite love story is the one in the book I'm writing right now. It's so beautiful and real and I'd call it sexy and Sheena would call it hot, but use whatever word you want that means steamy but clean. :)
Other than that, I'd say Persuasion by Jane Austen, the book or the movie.
10. What is the best thing you've done in your life?
Raise my children. I see my faults and my strengths in them. Their love of humor, their compassion for other people, the way they sing in the car--those things come from me. Plus I gave them their dad, who is my polar opposite, and I see him in them too: his love of the gospel of Jesus Christ, his ability to put work first and his goofy sense of humor. We're so imperfectly perfect, with curves and edges and all that other good John Legend stuff.
11. List five adjectives to describe yourself.
compassionate, obsessive, creative, lighthearted, interested
11 Questions for the nominees to answer (should they choose to accept):
1. What is the most interesting thing you have done today?
2. What is the best book you've read in the last year?
3. What are you reading right now?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. What is the best vacation you've ever taken?
6. Who is your hero, and why?
7. Why did you start your blog?
8. Who is your favorite author and why?
9. What inspires you?
10. How would you describe your hometown to someone who has never been there?
11. What is your favorite food?
Nominate 11 bloggers: (or 7... :)
2. Connie at Screwing Up Time
3. Miss Cole from Miss Cole Seeks Publisher