Tuesday, April 8, 2014

G Is For General Conference


I think of myself as a religious sort of gal, but I am pretty private about it, especially as an author. However, as I listened to the talks in the April 2014 General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this weekend, I heard many truths that I hope shine through my writing, even if you never see a reference to God in my stories. Here are a few:


  • Whoever you are, and wherever you may be, you hold in your hands the happiness of more people than you can imagine.

         --Henry B. Eyring

  • Who we are is not who we can become.
        --Donald L. Hallstrom

  • In His plan, there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings. 
        --Dieter F. Uchtdorf

  • The gospel is not weight. It is wings. It carries us.
        --Jean A. Stevens (I doubt you could get this out of one of my stories.
        But it was my  favorite quote, so I'm keeping it here.)

  • We are not, and never need be alone. We can press forward in our daily lives with heavenly help.
         --David A. Bednar

  • Today's complexity demands greater simplicity.
        --L. Tom Perry

  • Faith requires work.
        --Marcos A. Aidukaitis


1 comment:

  1. I'm quite a load person who on the surface is always cheerful and happy. However, as a Christian I always worry when people find out I go to church say 'YOU! no way?' Anyway nice post. So nice to follow and connect with an a to z challenger, and I look forward to more posts. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete