Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 19: 5 Blogs I Read On A Regular Basis

Confession: I am not a huge blog reader. I enjoy challenges like this that give me a chance to find different blogs, but if I'm not participating in a challenge, I don't spend much time surfing around. Over the years, my "must read" blog list has only grown to six, so I'll share them all. If any of these blog authors happen to read this, they will probably be surprised to find themselves on the list, because I don't comment much.


  • The Prosers: I contribute to this blog twice a month, but I check it out at least once a day for a pep talk and to see what amazing things I can learn about writing.
  • A Merry Heart: Connie Keller is the author of Screwing Up Time and Screwing Up Babylon. I'm not sure how I even found her blog--it was through the Prosers somehow, but whether she is a friend of one of the other bloggers or whether she left a brilliant enough comment that I decided to check out her blog is a mystery lost in the mists of time. I love her blog though. She keeps it simple--it's usually just a quick story about her family. But her sense of humor and her brilliant family keep me coming back.
  • Strands of Pattern: Again, I found this blog through the Prosers, or maybe through Hatrack, a writing site where nearly all my most important writing connections originated. Jeff Hargett writes exactly the kind of blog I need. I think his own thoughts are amazing, but what makes him stand out from the crowd is his ability to network. He is my lone tie to the amazingly interconnected world of fantasy/science fiction writers.
  • Creations By Kara: Recently I have realized that I need a creative outlet other than writing. I have a phobia of decorating my home, and after 17 (?!) years of marriage, it really shows. I didn't have to look hard for a blog that could help me out. Sadly, we don't talk much anymore, but Kara was my best friend through high school and college, and even through graduate school. How she managed to get all the design savvy, I'll never know, but I intend to get me some.
  • Bryce's Ramblings: Bryce is the author of Vodnik. He's also a friend of mine. I don't know him well, but we have a lot of the same friends. Sometimes I forget that I don't know him better. The more I read his blog, the more I'm sure his family and mine would get along just fine. I enjoy reading his take on things--movies, board games, holidays...and I love watching his career take off. I think he's the Next Big Thing.
  • Pure Imagination: A YA Blog: I am always on the lookout for awesome YA books to read. The author of Pure Imagination and I don't have exactly the same taste in books, but we overlap enough that I enjoy perusing her site. The truth of the matter is that somehow this particular book blog made it to my dashboard, and so I keep returning to it. I'd love to find one that was a better fit, but I'm a creature of habit. However!!! It is a great blog, and if you love YA, particularly paranormal romance or contemporary YA, you might love this one. If you happen to know of a great book blog that had more YA science fiction, high fantasy or historical fiction in it, I'd love to know about it.


31 Day Blog Challenge:










1 comment:

  1. Wow! You just made my month! I'm so glad to know how much you enjoy my blog. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete