Friday, May 14, 2010

Life, the Universe and Everything

I was bummed that someone had already taken the blog name Life, the Universe and Everything, because I didn't want to find a niche market, I wanted to be able to talk about everything! And I still do, but I'm beginning to find my focus. This list. It could take over my life. I read a book a month or two ago, and I wish I could recommend it, because it was a fun read. But the language was too trashy, and I've got high standards about what I'll recommend here. It was about a woman who was trying to complete a 20 Things To Do Before I Turn 25 list, and it inspired me to create my own. Unfortunately, I turned 25 a long time ago, so I had to revamp the title.

Starting this blog was one of the things on my list. Look at that. I haven't even finished making the list yet, and I already accomplished one thing on it. I'm on fire! I'll post my list in the next day or two. 

Do you like my new background? I spent a long time picking it out, and then realized that it's the exact same background as one of my favorite author blogs... http://janette-rallison.blogspot.com/ I guess I know what I like, and hopefully she can forgive my unintentional copycatting.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I just looked at Janette's blog again, and we even picked the same type colors. Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background and colors are pretty. Although, you probably will want to change them later to stand out from Rallison, as she writes similar stories to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background! I may start revamping mine again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish, I wish, I wish I was as funny as Janette. She makes me laugh out loud. I'll probably change my background one of these days--though I definitely like the colors. I hate being a copycat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background and the idea of a book group. Perhaps that is the only way I will read something longer than 180 characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are severely underestimating how much reading you do. Maybe you should start keeping a log. :D I'm excited about the book group too. That's what my next post will be about.

    ReplyDelete