Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What's Up Wednesday--REALLY back to school edition


What's Up Wednesday is a blog hop created by Jaime and, Erin Funk, to help writers connect. ***Please remember to link to their blogs and/or use one of the WUW buttons provided.***

WHAT I'M READING

I just finished Going Rogue by Robin Benway. I think Catching Jordan is up next on my list. I'm going through a phase where fluffy, light stuff is all I can really handle. It seems like there was some book about a prom and Shakespeare on someone's list last week that is probably right up my alley. Does anyone remember what it was?

WHAT I'M WRITING

Last night, I combined a couple of scenes into one scene. I should just get used to this as the way our books work. I write so much in the rough draft that I spend the whole editing phase cutting, while my coauthors get to keep on adding. I spend the whole rough draft thinking I'm hogging the limelight, but by the time we're actually finished, things work out pretty evenly, or maybe even swing in the opposite direction. 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW

Air conditioning. SO inspirational, I know.

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO

I was going to take the week off from blogging, but I can't help myself. The day my kids went back to school, I got a call from the principal asking me if I would be interested in a long-term subbing position. So last week I was writing odes to all the writing time I was going to have while the kids were in school, and not 24 hours later, I was teaching school myself. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm really enjoying myself. EXCEPT there is HOT. There is no air conditioning in our schools, and I swear it was 90 degrees yesterday. And SO Humid. Today it wasn't nearly as humid, and there was a bit of a breeze, but I'm still happy to be in my air-conditioned home.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, that is hot! Hooray for AC at home ^_^ Enjoy the subbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, no air conditioning! What's up with that?

    Glad to hear you survived the summer and the kids are back in school. Enjoy your new sub position! :)

    ReplyDelete