Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's Up Wednesday






What's Up Wednesday is a blog hop created by Jaime and, Erin Funk, to help writers connect. ***Please remember to link to their blogs and/or use one of the WUW buttons provided.***

WHAT I'M READING

Yesterday I started AND finished Ruin and Rising. If you look back to last week, you will see that I was still waiting at the library for Siege and Storm, so it is clear that I haven't done much but read for the entire week.

Next, I'm considering rereading The Queen's Thief series. It is one of my absolute favorites, but I've never reread it. I feel like I need a Eugenides fix, though, so The Thief is next on my list.

WHAT I'M WRITING

We're still working on the edits for Pyromancy. That little stunt where all three of us went through writer's block at the same time will probably force us to push back our publication date, but we're planning to make a last ditch effort to finish edits and get the book out to a second set of betas. 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW

We're writing, we're writing, we're writing! If that isn't inspiring, I don't know what is. I kept looking at the title of the last book in the Grisha series-- Ruin and Rising -- and thinking how well that describes what this week has felt like, on so many levels. 

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO

I didn't get that job I wanted, so that's super sad. But the interview process pushed me to get all my ducks in a row...something that I probably never would have done otherwise. I'm going to finish the process, and get certified and take a refresher course or two so that the next time an opportunity like this comes along, I will be ready. 

My sister and her family is coming to visit next week! Lots and lots to do, so my life this week will be about getting ready for her and editing, and not much else. Sorry kids. 

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with edits and the job hunt. It's difficult, but you can do it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am missing out by not having read the Shadow/Bone series yet. Everyone has read it but me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RUIN AND RISING. So. Good! I've not read THE THIEF yet, but it's on my list. Good luck with edits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Melanie! I'm doing the job searching thing too. Not fun! But the right thing will come along. Good luck and have fun with your family!!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear you didn't get the job, but you'll get there! I know it sucks hearing that right now, I hate it when people say it to me, so I apologize. Glad you all made it through your writing funk and are back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the job, but here's hoping the next opportunity that comes your way is the right fit :) Best of luck with those edits, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry the job didn't work out, but that's great that you feel better prepared for the next opportunity. Who knows? Maybe whatever comes along next will be even better suited to you.

    I need to hurry up and order myself a copy of RUIN AND RISING. I have no idea why I keep procrastinating on that. Best of luck as you and your co-writers continue on with those revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the job. It just means an even better one will come up soon, and you'll be so glad you waited for it. Best of luck with those revisions! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry about the job, Melanie, that seems like a bummer to an otherwise good week. I've been wanting to dive into the Grisha series for so long but have been too bogged down in my TBR! Soon... *evil grin* Have a wonderful week!

    - Caitie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are writing, you are writing....that's a huge win! How funny that all three of you had writer's block at the same time. :)

    I haven't read Ruin and Rising yet. I might be the only one left on the planet. I better get busy and read it already because everyone has had such amazing things to say.

    Hope you have an amazing week and keep on rising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing, writing, writing is fantastic! Hopefully your publication date won't be pushed too far off course from the bout of group writer's block, =)

    ReplyDelete