Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday

I need to figure out how to make Teaser Tuesdays work for me. Most indie authors do them, and I am joining their ranks rather reluctantly. I don't mind sharing. Not at all. It's just that the things I write seem very jarring to me when taken out of context. So I'll keep experimenting with it, but in the meantime, here's my very first Teaser Tuesday! This is from Hidden Magic, which will be released on Friday!)


     “Arram.” Melinda tugged on his pant leg.     “What?” he asked, bending down to look at her face to face.     “I’m not going to marry you.” She looked into his eyes soberly.
     “Why not?” he asked.      Jenny leaned forward on the couch and covered her eyes with her hand.     “Because you’re going to marry Jenny, and I’m going to be your bridesmaid. Me and Jenny worked it all out, ‘cause Christopher said you’ll be old and ugly before I can get married. And bridesmaid dresses are prettier than dumb old white.”     “You and Jenny worked this out?”     “Yes,” Melinda said. “Are you mad at me?”     “Oh no. It sounds like a very good plan. Thank you for finding me someone else.”     “You’re welcome.”

No comments:

Post a Comment