Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Help Me Find A House!

I knew I wasn't going to be writing as much for a while, but I didn't expect to stop so abruptly. My mind is so confused lately that I'm finding it hard to complete sentences, let alone blog posts. In spite a lot of prayer, the heavens seem determined to wait until I make a decision on my own. So I'm opening up my mind to that collective conscience called the internet. How do people cope with this thing called moving?

There are two truths battling for supremacy in my mind. We've found a house that will cost us almost exactly the same amount as we're paying right now. We're not exactly house poor, but we say no to a lot more things than I wish we had to. I'd hoped to buy a house that would free up some money. I have dreams of buying new furniture, and a new-to-me car. We'd love to have money to spend on doing things and going places. And don't forget the days of college and missions, which are marching inexorably closer.

So we could keep looking for a house that costs less. But I've seen what's out there. To have a house cost less would mean giving up a great location, giving up a nice yard, and that we'd have to spend a lot of time on fixing up a house with problems. I honestly don't know what the best choice is.

If you were me, what would you do?

3 comments:

  1. Where are you looking for a house at, and how much do you want to spend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved 5-6 times in my life, and in the end settled for a place where I have to pay MORE rent (my current rent is about 100 euros. Make that 144 $), but here at least my landlord is a sensible person.

    It depends on what you want to achieve, but I at least would think twice about abandoning a housing arraignment that suits me, as it is.

    That's only me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely hope that I don't come back in a few months to say that you were right and I was wrong. We've thought about it twice...in fact, we've thought about it for years. This has been an amazing place to raise children, but the commute is killing us.

    ReplyDelete